Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

POCKETS





What would a writer do without pockets? Whenever I went on a trip I wore pants. Pants with pockets. Especially useful when I was writing a travel article. One pocket held a small notebook and ballpoint pen that would later jog my memory when I sat down to write about an interesting story, statistic, tragic or humorous event that had taken place on that very spot or area. Another pocket held a record book--normally used to jot down check numbers. The book's latest use? To record the number of the photo and a note about where the picture was taken or what the object was or who I was trying to capture. I tried using a recorder but found the noise of a motor or engine would drown out my words or the words of a guide and sometimes I became so interested in the subject I didn't realized the tape had run out. Another pocket would hold a few small bills and around my neck I wore a grouch bag that held more money and a passport if there were no safe in the hotel. Water and sun lotion resided in a bag or backpack. A sweater was tied around my waist and a sun hat guarded my face from the hot rays until I lost it after removing the hat to take a photo. Some trips I lost as many as three.


Sometimes a trip would reap a lot of material and a major job was getting the photos on the computer and labeling them. Great fun and great memories.


What is your favorite outfit for trips or interviews?


Bests,


Elise



Scene Stealer, my eBook cozy is available at Carina Press, Barnes & Noble, Amazon and wherever eBooks are sold. An audio version has been produced by Audible







Download hot ebooks from Carina PressAudiobooks at audible.com!http://www.amazon.com?_encoding=UTF8&tag=eliswarn-20

No comments:

Post a Comment